View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra RT3, Roush 427R Crate Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission
Not Ranked     

Zeke,

I searched most all Cobra websites and local dealers in my hunt for another Cobra. I just kept coming back to a Backdraft Cobra. I contacted Jonathan Motorcars and dealt with Andrew Sr., Andrew and Rick (a family run operation). All nice guys and we came close enough on pricing for the Backdraft Cobra that I wanted and so I travelled from Arizona to Edgewater Park, NJ to inspect the car and strike the deal. The car has met and exceeded all my expectations. I wanted a car not for racing or tracking but rather for cruising and showing. I absolutely got what I wanted--a beautiful Cobra that I can start anytime, warm up for 30+ seconds and drive anywhere with confidence (and no leaks on my garage floor. The 6-speed is nice but not necessary on our cars. A 5-speed is more than adequate for these high powered vehicles. My Backdraft Cobra is still shown on the Jonathan Motorcars website--sterling grey with light silver stripes (and the 18-inch wheels are great). I am just another proud owner of a Cobra. All of us are proud of our Cobras regardless of the manufacturer. We are all indeed a select group.