Old 04-25-2015, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Proud owner of Backdraft #1609
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMCobra View Post
Zeke,

I searched most all Cobra websites and local dealers in my hunt for another Cobra. I just kept coming back to a Backdraft Cobra. I contacted Jonathan Motorcars and dealt with Andrew Sr., Andrew and Rick (a family run operation). All nice guys and we came close enough on pricing for the Backdraft Cobra that I wanted and so I travelled from Arizona to Edgewater Park, NJ to inspect the car and strike the deal. The car has met and exceeded all my expectations. I wanted a car not for racing or tracking but rather for cruising and showing. I absolutely got what I wanted--a beautiful Cobra that I can start anytime, warm up for 30+ seconds and drive anywhere with confidence (and no leaks on my garage floor. The 6-speed is nice but not necessary on our cars. A 5-speed is more than adequate for these high powered vehicles. My Backdraft Cobra is still shown on the Jonathan Motorcars website--sterling grey with light silver stripes (and the 18-inch wheels are great). I am just another proud owner of a Cobra. All of us are proud of our Cobras regardless of the manufacturer. We are all indeed a select group.
I know the car you are talking about! I've looked at it many times!(pictures) It is still marked sold on their website. I will say, you traveled a long ways for the car that you wanted. Very nice!

I too keep coming back to Backdraft as they have some newer features that I more like more than others. I like the BDR 2" larger interior, type of seats, 18" wheel selection and the chassis/brakes/suspension. To me its built just as solid as the Superformance or others costing more. Last week I told Andrew that I would want a Indigo Blue Cobra with the 427R Roush(with 5 speed) with the high polished wheels!

There were a couple of things that I guess I didn't like, it seems as though the windshield of the Cobra (passenger side)that I rode in wasn't very solid. It seemed a little flimsy. Maybe its just me, but when I first got into the car Andrew directed me to put my left hand on the back of the seat, then step over the side pipe. He also told me to not put down pressure on the door as well. He did say that they offer a 3M (mylar) protection to help protect that beautiful clear coat finish. Does your windshield and door seem flimsy? Maybe its just me but it was a little awkward getting in this way. The driver side was a different story, as you have the steering wheel and roll bar to grab ahold of. Thoughts? Other than that the car was flawless!