View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Richard - wheel speed sensors!!!! I KNEW I'd forgotten to tell him something.... Would you bother having four wheel sensors, or just run one front and one back wheel? I can't imagine I'll be carrying the front wheels off the ground all that often I do want the traction control enabled. I imagine there'll be a fair amount of trial and error in picking the right percentage of wheel slip for best performance. I'm afraid that my chassis really isn't anything special. So much so that it might hurt me to spend money on sensors only to prove how bad it really is Seriously though, do you use the Bosch yaw rate sensor or the Accelerom brand? Accelerom seem a fair bit cheaper, but is it worth spending the extra for Bosch's reknowned quality?

Mike, I've been hearing conflicting opinions about the wide band sensors in high boost applications. Some say that the quickest 5 and 6 wire sensors still cannot obtain lambda readings and alter the fuel/spark quickly enough in closed loop for supercharged/turbocharged applications. If this is the case, then the main benefit in having the wide band sensors would be for datalogging rather than "on the move" tuning corrections. For similar money as the high end WB O2 sensors, I think I'll probably fit 8 Thermoprobes. At least then I can have a specific reading for each individual cylinder rather than four cylinders combining. I'm using an Edelbrock Super Victor carb manifold, and I'm a little concerned that one or more cylinders might be lean. I hope I'm right in thinking that the individual cylinder trim ability of the Motec will allow the tuner to richen that cylinder and/or knock the timing back as required. With individual cylinder datalogging, any injectors going bad can easily be seen (if I download the data religiously... )

I'm talking out loud here if anyone has any opinions or corrections on what I'm saying.

Mike, have you fitted your AFR meter. It looks like these guys are doing their homework and presenting a good product for the right price! Hersh mentioned that you were towing in to the Fling. I'm trying to scrape enough cash together to buy a gearbox from PA. If this happens, is there any chance of packing it in the back of your truck for the drive back from the Fling? I'm nothing if not pushy 8 weeks until Scott and I fly in to Arizona!

One last thing..... is every second guy in the AZ Cobra Club named Mike?!?