View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Hi Robert,
The main concern for me is trusting someone to tune the motor..... I'm taking it on a 2000 mile round trip because I believe the best guys are in Melbourne. I'd love to take it to the dyno shop 1 minutes from my home, but I really don't want to melt a brand new motor through someone elses mistake.

Nizpro in Melbourne have a MASSIVE air to water intercooler with an EVEN BIGGER water holding capacity for it. This means they can tune the motor with an intake air temp of 15 degree C, then 20 degrees, then 25, then 30, 35, etc, etc. By accurately mapping the fuel and ignition for all these tables, I think I'll have a really reliable tune up for all weather conditions.

I wonder how smotth the Motec traction control is. If you consider how quickly a strong engine revs when it breaks traction, I wonder how they'll try to run the control. If they cut spark, the balance of the car is WAY compromised. If they cut fuel, it'll probably lean out. If they retard the timing, the motor will probably still make 500 or 600hp with a timing advance, so keep spinning the tyres. Maybe I should run a throttle body before the blower that progressively chokes off air entering the blower. While traction control is not being used, the throttle body could just sit there wide open?

How much do you pay for Motecs over there?