View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 08:14 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT11 View Post
Ok guys, I am going to look at this car on Thursday but the owner has no idea who made the replica/kit. Here is the description:

This 427 Cobra replica was finished in House of Kolor Orion Silver Pearl with Onyx stripes, candy red driver stripe and black leather cockpit. Halibrand-style wheels and spinners finish the vintage look. Powered by a 408ci stroker and 4-speed, it was also built to handle with 4-wheel independent suspension, Jaguar independent rear, 4-wheel disc brakes and adjustable coil overs at all four corners. The driveline has logged only about 4,000 miles, with the paint and other upgrades done approximately 1,500 miles ago.

I emailed and asked if he new the maker and I received this reply:

Backdraft racing
I believe built in 2009

I don't know my bodies but do know that a 2009 Backdraft doesn't have a JAG IRS. This car also doesn't have the rivets on the hood, even though you can order a BDR from the factory without the hood rivets.

Any ideas?

Here is the link.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...ationId=187734

Sorry, I tried saving and re-sizing the pictures from the autotrader ad (39K max) but couldn't get them to post. I don't have problems on other forums but didn't work here. Ughhhhh! now the link doesn't work again, help!
Pictures CLICK HERE

or

CLICK HERE

Doubt it is a Backdraft.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS