View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET_COP View Post
Like Brent said Mustang dynos show more loss.
Typically another 13% loss compared to the dynojet. It showed that on my dyno session.
I am aware that in most cases mustang dynos read lower compared to dynojets. If you run the numbers it doesn't add up. If the motor made 590hp lets take 20% off that so you would expect a Dynojet would read somewhere in the neighborhood of 470rwhp and a Mustang dyno to read 410-420. Mine cranked out 375hp so you can see the concern as it appears it is down 35-50hp from where one would expect. As part of the elimination process i have a Dynojet in town so that could be used to make a single pull and know what your readings are on a Dynojet brand dyno. If you turned out 375rwhp on the Mustang you could reasonably expect a Dynojet to read 410-420hp. If both are in typical spec for power readings but you are still 35-50hp off then you know you areissing something. I'm not trying to make numbers or split hairs just trying to find out why it's not in the range of what this setup should be making. Previous owner thinks there is an old dyno shirt from Oltoff racing where it did 470rwhp....if he has a Dynojet then that would sound about right using a 20% drivetrain loss