View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
Knowing your crank hp and rear wheel horsepower shows what is typical for driveline loss.

25-30% would be considered normal.

To get your 450 rwhp, you'll need about 600 flywheel.

Also shows how many dynos lie.

Compression pressure is related to compression ratio AND cam timing.

Does your mechanic know what cam you have before stating it should have "xyz" compression pressure?
All I'm going off of is what the engine builders dyno showed which off the top of my head let's say 591 hp. I'm not to judge whether that is a legitimate number or not but that's what the dyno sheet says so that's what we are going off of. I have the engine build sheet and the tuner has the cam size....we also spoke to the engine builder which stated it should have 175-180lb per cylinder and we got readings of 150-160lb. This motor has 11k miles on it and it was running insanely rich so both the tuner and builder diagnosed it with the cylinders been washed down. The tuners just said it didn't have the seat of the pants pull it should have and when it go to the WOT pulls it just wasn't in the ballpark of where similar setups have been. I'm going to keep a close eye on the oil level and enjoy it the rest of the season. When I'm ready we will pull the motor and do what's necessary. Atleast now it's tuned correctly and is running much better