Old 05-10-2015, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
ACE,

Is your car fast enough? Do you feel you have enough power. If the answer is yes, leave the engine alone and drive. I had a number of stroked 351 to 427's and they all used a quart every 1K to 1.5K miles. Who gives a sheet. Washing cylinder down, yea in 100k miles. Try a different compression gauge and eventually it will read what you want.
All good points and the initial negativity of the results have kinda settled. I'm going to enjoy the car watch the oil level and just drive it. for awhile When the oil was changed it took 10 quarts of oil to get above the add line on the dip stick so that is my new benchmark to make sure my level is correct. Is it fast enough....not really but that's no reason to go haul off and spend money until I'm ready to decide the changes I want. It felt great tonight to hit the starter one time and the thing fire right up.....it was a hassle before. What makes you think the cylinders were not in the process of being washed down? The carb looked like an ash try and the plugs were gunked up black.....not to mention the compression test results.