View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
Compression test results are 1-150lb, 2-160lb, 3-160lb, 4-160lb, 5-155lb, 6-160lb, 7-162lb, 8-160lb cranking with a brand new optima red top. I spoke to the engine shop and they said it should be 175-180lb per cylinder and that the last tuner back in 09 must have simply tuned the car too rich and this is a result of washing the rings.
you need to contact keith craft, and ask him, as he built the engine, knows the cam, and what the static compression numbers should be.

years ago, at one of the cobra builders/ engine shops, I had some work done on my FE 427 (429 displacement), and got 455 rwhp. That same cobra/engine builder had installed numerous roush 427r's, and I think the best rwhp he ever got from any of the crate roush 427r's, was around 420, even after dyno tuning with the best side pipes. So, it depends a lot upon the dyno.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."