View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Be carful with 10 quarts. Every single engine i had the dipstick was wrong by over a quart. the only way to know for sure is drop the pan, fill with water until below windage tray then reinstall and fill with oil and mark dipstick. that being said the oil pump pickup is 1/2" off the bottom of the pan so you have some room to play. If you have a high volume oil pump than you better have enough oil but not to much that it foams. I know you would think it would be simple but it never is.

Lets say you had wash down, which i doubt, it would still take 50K plus miles to know a difference. Sheet two stroke engines use gasoline as a lubricant mixed with 50:1 oil, lol. There is always somebody to take your money.
Yes you would think it would be simple enough that a freaking oil dip stick would be accurate. Atleast at this point I know what 10 quarts looks like on the stick and not to exceed that. The tuner was great and had nothing to gain from steering me in the wrong direction per his findings.....but I know what your point is. Hey its got a nice 12.5 AFT at WOT and was tuned at part throttle as well. Just going to let her rip for right now. I've got to get the dyno sheet but the torque curve was pretty strange looking as well. My car has a Victor Jr on it and some 2" headers so I'm sure that plays into the mix. For comparison the tuner was showing me some other dyno sheets of 427 street cars with smaller primary headers and dual planes that had 50-75 more torque under the curve. Interesting visit for sure and glad I made the trip