View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
you need to contact keith craft, and ask him, as he built the engine, knows the cam, and what the static compression numbers should be.

years ago, at one of the cobra builders/ engine shops, I had some work done on my FE 427 (429 displacement), and got 455 rwhp. That same cobra/engine builder had installed numerous roush 427r's, and I think the best rwhp he ever got from any of the crate roush 427r's, was around 420, even after dyno tuning with the best side pipes. So, it depends a lot upon the dyno.
I called Keith's shop and spend about 15 minutes on the phone with them. they said 175-180 per cylinder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID GAGNARD View Post
I thought he said in his first post the engine is a Roush 427R, not a Keith Craft engine????????

As far as the 10 quarts go,that seems like a lot,but you can easily find out,most A/M oil pans (canton for sure) have the parts number on them, easy to see if the car is on a lift, check what type pan it is,take a few measurements if you can't find the part number and look up on their site and you should be able to get the capacity........

I've never seen a Canton SBF pan that held more than 8 quarts,too much oil can be as bad as too little oil......
I have a Canton 8 quart road race pan on my race car and a remote larger than normal filter with 12AN lines,probably a total 8 or more feet of lines and it only holds 10.5 quarts and that's including the oil cooler......my filter alone holds 1.5 quarts........

David
It is a Keith Craft. Didn't look on the pan when I was under it but the original build info from 2004 has a Canton 15660C listed....I looked it up and I've found the 15660C to have a 7 quart capacity. I've got an oil cooler on the car. That damn dip stick was dead at the bottom of the add line at 9 quarts. Will check it tomorrow to see where the oil level with the 10 quarts in it.