View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenu2 View Post
Update on the list that I have to give Bob when he gets back from GoodGuys in Tenn. Can't put gas in the car. Put the filler nozzle in the gas door, start the flow and the nozzle kicks off instantly. Looked under car yesterday, the electric full pump seems to be blocking the fuel spout enterance to the tank so when filling the gas does not have a free flow into the tank and is backing up the neck shutting off the nozzle. Gas guage will not read over half a tank. I think that the fuel pump is blocking the movement of the float inside the tank. Fix for both is to take the pump out of the tank and install an in line fuel pump. Also when I go into my garage from the house in the morning, the small of gasoline is overpowering, yet there is no gas leaking anywhere. That one has me stumped.
Just my luck that Bob is out of town this week and have to wait yet another week to get it straightened out. Some of the guys from AZ Cobras at 83rd Saturday night seem to feel that Bob will make it right. I hope so, because I am starting to feel that I made a very expensive mistake that I am long going to regret.
The in tank fuel pump is the way to go, hopefully he can make that work. Knowing that he had to leave town may have rushed him.

People want to do the right thing, I am sure he will straighten it out when he gets back. Patience is a virtue. I have no virtue but I hope you do.

Last edited by Detroit Bill; 05-11-2015 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: typo