View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default belated new member hello message

I tried to post this a few weeks back when I was actually new to the site but it didn't work. So I'm belatedly introducing myself now.

Hello from Livermore, CA!

Here's my CR Cobra:

I'm 6'5" tall so it was an easy choice to go with the CR. I fit comfortably in it and find it hard to be comfortable in other standard length Cobras.

I bought the kit in the early 1990's from Classic Roadsters when it had just been re-located back to Fargo, ND from Florida. The chassis serial # is a bunch of 0 followed by 1. I suspect it might just be the first one shipped as CR was reforming it's replicar business.

The car hit the road in 1994 with a race prepped SOHC 347 small block Ford. I did the rounds of car shows in CA with it and took home some nice trophies. I did some handling upgrades like chassis bracing between front suspension and panhard bar on the 9" rear axle. The car has sweet handling now.

A few years ago, I decided to start using it as an almost daily driver (weather permitting). The race prepped motor made that challenging so I swapped in a Ford Motorsport X302 (300HP, 325 torque, EFI). Still plenty of power but much more drivable and doesn't suck oil like the 347 did. This motor mated to a Richmond 5 speed make for a very enjoyable commute. The car now has 34K miles on the odometer and still going strong

Any questions, feel free to ask