View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
Well documented.

When your finished you will look back through this and realize all that you have accomplished.

Must be nice working with nice clean and new parts, and then solving little issues along the way.
Thanks Leroy. Yes, being a new car with new parts is great, but as you can see there have been some small mods along the way to get things to fit. That was expected. Nothing serious though. We have to keep in mind that the Pace has been designed to fit all different types of motors and transmissions, from GM and Ford to Toyota/Lexus and maybe even a Viper motor. So there will be some configuration changes needed from car to car.

We also get great support from the factory. Apart from the ever evolving build manual helping a lot, we can call whenever we need clarification. Also, Pace have been fantastic about supplying upgraded/redesigned replacement parts to us absolutely free of charge, in some instances giving us extra parts that weren't even included in the original parts list (ie. front number plate brackets and AP badges/emblems). There's no obligation to do this on Pace's behalf, but they want our cars to be the best they can be. I really appreciate that.

All these things make it very reassuring for a first time builder such as myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.L. View Post
where did you get the hand brake set up. Looks very smart. I need one for another car of mine.

LSA's are the way to go, look good and a bit of power. I run a LS3 with Harrop 1900 supercharger, goes extremely well and easy to drive along in 5th and put your foot down and it still takes off.
Thanks TL. The handbrake came with my comprehensive kit. It is a standard unit that you (easily) cut the original plastic handle off, and then you attach the billet knob on with grub screws. You may be able to buy this unit from Pace.

My friend had a Harrop 1900 on his 2012 HSV R8 Clubsport. That thing went very nicely. I can only imagine how well my car will go with 800 less kilograms to lug about!