View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Mike,

Shock specs depend on which Jag rear you use, as the lengths of the lower arms (wishbones) are different.

As far as I know there are three stock Jag lower arm lengths, from shortest to longest: XKE, 3.8S (and related), XJ6/XJS. Track width varies accordingly.

The shocks you need will depend on which arms you use, or if you are changing the lengths of yours (i.e. shortening the XJ6 arms).

I use the middle length, for the 3.8S sedan length wishbones, and the four shocks are from Aldan: PAS657.

I agree there is a "correct" length for each, as mine were too short to begin with and made for some interesting pucker moments on the track; as the car rolled a bit during a turn, the inside wheel would lift - picked up by the shock which was fully extended - and cause the car to skip sideways. Lengthening the rear shocks helped immensely!

Studying the ERA site (their 427 Jag rear specs specifically) leads you to this shock they use: Rear Jaguar damper, adjustable

Recognize your shock mounts may be different either from theirs or my Aldans...

Happy hunting,

Tom