View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTaylor View Post
Whatever muffler I have is what Kirkham put on the car. Interesting about Spintechs as I have been looking in to them to a.) address my buzzing problem if it turns out to be muffler related, and b.) see if I could improve the exhaust "note", and c.) see if I can find something a little smaller/thinner. Might you have any video/sound files of your cobra with Spintechs? Have you ever heard of people adding resonators?
There is a video clip attached at the bottom of my posts - but only of idle. That your muffler is rectangular (square corners I assume) and only 3 inches deep is what makes me think it could be a Spintech - however, I can't remember if they produce a stainless steel version without checking. Stainless steel exhausts are known to sound a little different from mild steel. It's pretty tough finding mufflers only 3 inches thick - most are 4 inches. Spintech was about the only one I could find at a reasonable price.

If they are Spintechs - I've been reasonably pleased with the exhaust note on mine. I don't usually like Flowmasters which are another popular baffled muffler and I think the Spintechs beat them for sound - but there sound is not night and day different. It's not like a traditional glass pack or Magniflow type muffler with packing. I am running tailpipes which will also give my car a little different exhaust note than your side exit pipes.

But, I'm speculating. It could be something else vibrating on your car.

Here is my Spintech muffler:

Last edited by DanEC; 05-13-2015 at 03:49 PM..