View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

I would not pay a premium for CSX 1020 if it has no connection to AC. No way. Beside the true 1000 series the cars the only cars I would pay a premium which are the 14 that made it before Lubinsky fled to Malta are the Special Edition CSX Shelby's such as the Elliot, 40th, the few Comp cars they did, Challenge cars and the early aluminum Shelby's which were finished at Las Vegas when they were still putting on the right stuff like NOS light trim rings, NOS style seats, Smith Gauges, Girling brakes, Lucas switches, correct suspension and when Carroll was still there and involved. The only option in those days was the diff cooler which I opted for. Now its like a Chinese menu. You get 4 wheels, a chassis and body. Everything else is optional.

I was ...ugh, wrong (doesn't happen often )...on CSX 30601. It is a car with a checkered past. Seem like it is NOT an original Shelby Completion Series but built by Brian Angliss as a thumb in the eye to Shelby when they were still carrying on with each other and throwing toys out of their cribs so to speak. It was meant as sign that AC can also assign Chassis numbers with CSX. Not true but that was the point he was trying to make. The "1" was likely added later by someone after the genuine "Completion" CSX 3060 surfaced and the owner threw a fit.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-22-2015 at 08:29 AM..