View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Well it has been a while since an update (and I have been slack doing other boring stuff). I have been winding back up into the RT40 for Ronda, and with RedCentre nats rapidly approaching in September, figured I better get a wriggle on.
2 weeks ago I cut some rust out of engine bay and associated panels, and prepped the engine bay for color.
Masked it all up this Saturday morning and got the gun out.

A wipe down with prepsol and it was time for color.
This pic is Saturday late arvo, I reconditioned the steering box and pulled the shaft apart (all one piece) as it is easier to fit (less chance of scratches) as 2 pieces.

All front suspension and cross member have been painted with KBS.
Here is a lower control arm with new ball joint fitted.

I started assembling the front end on Sunday morning, but without the engine in place, found I could not compress the spring far enough.

So I cleaned more bits and painted the gearbox (yes I know the silver is corny, but the car theme is "what would have been done in mid 70"s).
Hence also the corny yellow springs and yellow sway bar.

And dropped in place.
The missing bits are being chromed at the moment.

The car (a 1967 model) was originally a 4 speed column shift car, One of my donors was a floor shift car, so I decided I wanted the floor shift box.
I found that the cars have different chassis mounts for rear cross member, so here is a 67 mount with 69 centre section.

Also had to cut a hole in the floor for clearance around selector, I will make my own pabel work here as the factory floor shift boot is impossible to find and a really weird shape.

Got a pretty busy next few weeks, but then back into it full speed.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.