Thread: horsepower
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 363 cu.in. 613 HP
Not Ranked     
Default Drag times...

My Hurricane Motorsports first came with a 350 HP Ford 302 engine. It's my daily driver when the weather is good. The car weighs 2300 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas and me not in it. It was nice, but I wanted more power as I quickly became accustomed to it. I installed a Ford 347 with 480 crank HP, then added Fast EZ EFI, which I figured added another 20 HP. I do run mid 11's at the track all day long, with my best time at 11.3 at 121 mph with a short time of 1.55 with a T5 tranny. I run M/T 275-50/15 drag radials screwed to the wheels to prevent the wheels from spinning inside the tires and messing up the wheel balance(which happened). I've pulled the front wheels off the ground once(photo attached). It was totally unexpected, so my head flew back. Since then, I've been prepared in case it does it again! I've made 138 runs with the car and will be adding to that number this Friday night. 500 hp is OK on the street as a daily driver. That what this car is all about - raw, in your face, POWER.