View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default alive and well

Even my orgnal car engne builder liked it. He said this pulls very strong. He knows strong very very well. He has all four NHRA AA/GT class records, both ends, stick and automatic with his and a customer's ca. A legal Cleveland and a legal 428 CobraJet torn down multiple times as he keeps lowering his records at National Meets. Great friend of over 40 years. Puts up with me which is a big deal. I handcuff him with original parts on the outside of our motors but skies the limit on internals. We took and original Cobra dry sump tank, yes an original, and sent it to the premier Dry Sump guy in the U. S. , he had about 25 tanks on the starting line of the Daytona 500, and had him convert the insides of the tank to his best road race specifications. You can imagine the favor he did for us. I also have a dry sump post for everyone. I sort of smile a little when that topic comes up, and everyone thinks they know exactly how it was. Not sure how many but I think three untouched left. Anyone have a picture of a Cobra not a modified GT40 II dry sump pan, first design. You all know there were three 427 pans. Off the subject, sorry. Many great dyno stories. Big, big , big FE motors. 14 to 1 motors, 48mm to 58 mm back to back quick change runs. continued