View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, I understand why they tune with the o2 as needed for emissions and fuel economy. Don't forget that they have a mass air flow sensor on the front end to help make the changes in the fuel map quicker. I can not run mine with the map sensor. If I rely on vaccum, their is so little at idle that there is not enough resolution in the fuel map from idle vaccum to WOT. In my application, I have the o2 off on the street. On the track, with open pipes, I have it on as I have no way to datalog and see how much more fuel it needs with the open pipes. With sensors at the base of the head for each cylinder, the response of the computer to make adjustments should be real time in your motec set up. In my application, the motor cranks up so fast, it is impossible for the down stream o2 to read and adjust fast enough in low gears or any gear on tip in throttle. Once I am in third or fourth, the o2 can correct in real time once floored. You may be correct with the supercharger as far as hi speed air flow not makeing a difference. If I were you, I would let the o2 adjust for you under hi boos even after you program your fuel map. The reason is that in a boosted application, heat can have a big effect on the fuel required to make the most power with out gernading the motor.I am not going to the spring fling, I am going to willow springs in 2 weeks and road america in september. Good luck, scott.