View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default thank you

To Mr. A-Snake . Thank you for posting the link. I wanted to try that but not very good with the computer stuff. No idea how. Jamo I have reprints and if you send me a mailing address for you, I can mail you the actual paper reprint and if it is OK, can you make it appear on this tread like A-Snake did with the cover and table of contents. There are many great photos that I think the people here would enjoy. I am currently preparing a Quick Jack discussion from a lecture I have given about them, before at a local Cobra Club meet. A hint, it also includes a discussion of what original actually means. It is England, the assembly line, is it as arrived at Shelby American, is it after Shelby American modification or prep, is it at the arrival at the selling dealer, or on the showroom floor after dealer prep, or when it left the dealership, with the new owner. I am sad to admit this but about 30 years ago, I was offered and bought an outstandingly original 23,000 miles 1967 Corvette from New Mexico. Original motor, paint, interior etc. etc etc. I bought it to go through the certification process, of NCRS corvette club to learn originality. I felt that the Corvette people were far ahead of the other marques. Alot of unrestored cars existed to evaluate. Even though I had seen 427 Cobras very early on even as new cars, as the years went by most were hammered and really really hammered. Does a new aluminum body, created by a perfect craftsman, of a wrecked and rolled Cobra add or detract from the value. I have been asked to make that decision for a prospective buyers many many time through the years. How important is a totally original frame, or someone's other frame or even an original frame from another car. Think about that one. ----- The Corvette key to be able to define so closely bolt head, clips real tight details, was all the cars were made on the same line at the same Plant, same guy, from the same bucket of bolts. Uniform-consistent for the entire run of 25,000 cars. Not six plants around the country for 1965 GTO's, each with its local OE bolt supplier. Something to think about when you look at Cobras . What AC did, what Shelby did. Former very consistent, latter, very inconsistent through production runs. GM/Corvette big dollars corporation, SA shoestring. Think small run = cost , convience. Any body know what CS --X on a bolt head stands for? More on the quick jack/ bolt discussion over the weekend. As they say, keep tuned. BOB