View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     
Default Wowa hold on there

I did not intend this to go this way.

I am sure Barry was looking after my interests. I found nothing in our dealings that was anything less then upright and honest. He has the ability to make an engine make whatever power he wants, he has certainly seen it all and then some.

Due to circumstances of mine and his, cell time was limited. He wanted more time to continue to develop the tuning. It was no where near fully tuned. I did ask for the filter to be added and I am glad I did.

The engine is no doubt a top quality piece. I am sure if I had time Barry would have gotten more "dyno" power out of it. It was not going to make 600, maybe leaning it out to the edge and adding a velocity stack might had gotten close.

Bottom line to me.

Barry is a top notch engine builder, the best.
If he is to be accused of falling short I would say he is not a great communicator. I fault myself for not pushing it thinking we were on the same page.

In hind sight would I have chosen a different builder? NO. This guy wrote the book. Is it as good as a Ford FE can be built, yes no doubt in my mind.

Did I want to see the 600 on the dyno even with the velocity stack, sure.
Would it matter in the real world, no. I am not a dummy, I did not get to where I am by being a dummy.

I do not want to back a guy into an internet corner for sure. Barry is an upright guy no doubt and he misread the tea leaves. I am probably to blame for some of it.

SO, LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!