View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default How to - Clutch Bleed

Gents,

I have been researching the forum for a while, but haven't had much success finding a "how-to" for bleeding the clutch (which I hope will fix the issue with my car)

Around a month ago while driving home, out of nowhere, my clutch pedal went to the floor at a red light, no pressure whatsoever and couldn't engage any gear... Turn off the car, place it in neutral "pump the clutch" several times (between 5-10 times) and pressure would be build enough that I could keep on driving

The car started showing the same problem after been parked for a week or so, but pumping the clutch would allow me to get going and I would have to occasionally do it at a red light

But the problem has exacerbated to the point that the loss of pressure on the clutch is happening actually while driving (which won't allow me to even change gears)

After speaking with a couple of friends, they seem to believe that clutch fluid may have gone low (probably a leak) and the lower it got, the more air that entered the system and created this problem... I have tried to find someone local (I live in SLC, UT) and the only person that has been recommended to work on the Cobra is unluckily booked for a little more than a month

Any chance anyone can point me to a how-to for bleeding my clutch or that could tell me how to do it here? I haven't jacked the car yet, but I haven't even been able to find the valve to bleed it, the reservoir seems to be inside of the fender, behind the brake reservoir which is a tricky location to even see anything from the hood (I will try to jack it up this weekend)

Thanks in advance for any help... Really appreciate it!