View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

I agree, the master cylinder is in a tough spot, but you can screw off the top of the cylinder and shine a flashlight into a mirror (positioned just right) to see into the reservoir. Or you could just dip your finger in and feel for the level. It should be just below the rim but no more than a 1/4" or so. Also check inside the car in the drivers footwell on the rug. If you have carpet right up to the pedals, it could be dripping and absorbed by the rug so you wouldn't notice it right off. Leave a paper towel or look on the pedal lever for wetness or drips. That's how mine started leaking. Following the hydraulic line that comes out of the clutch master cylinder down to the slave is the easiest way to find it. Depending on the manufacture number of the car it may pass into the footwell and back out by the tranny. That was the improvement to keep it
away from the heat of the headers. Check the connections too for wetness or leaks.
When you find the leak then we can go from there as far as bleeding it. I'll have to look in my paperwork but I replaced my master cylinder with a Girling Brand and it was an exact fit. I also bought the exact slave cylinder that was on the car, on line, again I'll have to look at paperwork. You could also take some pictures and post so it will be easier to identify the units.

Last edited by Trueoo7; 06-08-2015 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: To add more info.