View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #949, 392 FMS
Not Ranked     

Not sure quick can describe it! I drove, and almost bought a Unique about a year ago, and it was very nice car, but my gut kept telling me that I really wanted the modern day drive train of the Backdraft and loved the lines of them vs the Unique. Flew to West Palm Beach without ever seeing a Backdraft in person and Frank picked me up at the airport and took me to their showroom about 15 min away If a doctor would have had a monitor on my heart there would have been a convoy of ambulances behind us as I felt is was about to jump out of my chest. Walk in the showroom, met Reg, Brian, and the rest of the crew and then saw the car. I was so nervous, I let Frank back it out and drive it first. We pulled over and I'm still not sure how I got the harness buckled, but what a rush of adrenaline it was when I got in the driver's seat. After 10 years of researching, reading every topic on here about ownership, and dreaming of being behind the wheel, nothing could not describe what I felt. Drove the car twice that day before catching my plane back to GA and couldn't wait to see my wife and kids face the next week when it would arrive at our house. They arranged the shipping, but I didn't know 3 days could take so long! Finally arrived at the house and the look on my kids and wife's face when they opened the trailer was priceless. The joy, smiles, and memories we have as a family are worth every penny and more as we have put 1000 miles on it in about 2 months and the kids beg to get it out and ride. All the stories you read about owning one are spot on, the 30 minute gas station fill ups, the pictures and thumbs up at red lights, and just the smiles that the car puts on peoples' faces is amazing. I have even started letting kids who inquire about the car sit in and have their picture taken and hopefully this will begin a love of cars with them.
Not sure I answered your question, but this car is a joy to drive...or as I call it, stress relief after a long day or week!