View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
With 1000 ft/lbs available pretty much anywhere in the rpm range it would not only be a blast to drive, it would also probably smoke most fossil fueled Cobras in any sort of race (except a 101 mile enduro, of course). I love a V8 rumble too, but I'm also a big believer in the performance potential of electric power. All we need is a little breakthrough in battery technology and look out for some unprecedented levels of supercar performance.
100% agree with the above in bold… and with that said I'd never trade my 427 V8 Cobra for an electric version in a million years. Besides the icon look of the Shelby Cobra, the sound of the engine and exhaust note is the other primary reason I bought the car. It's the soul of the car IMO. I get a HUGE smile every time I start 'er up and hear those cylinder come to life and smell the petrol, It just wouldn't be nearly as much fun to drive if I couldn't hear the rumble from the side pipes when I bury the pedal.

In contrast I've got a 911 Turbo in the stable as well, it's faster, sharper handling and all around superior performance to my Cobra… but if I had to keep just one the 911TT would be the one to go

Heck, Ferrari has said they would never build an all electric car because the engine / exhaust note of their cars is "the soul of a Ferrari".

Just my 2 cents
Art