View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick61 View Post
getting a loan on a Backdraft (or any replica) is typically a dicey proposition that you'd likely pay through the nose for. Most lending institutions won't touch a hand-built or special-construction type of vehicle- just like most auto insurance companies won't touch them. These are expensive toys, and are not typically purchased/driven/registered/insured like a normal production car. But if you can finagle it... knock yerself out...
I financed a portion (about 50%) of my purchase. What I found is that credit unions are easiest and since I have been banking with my institution for more than 25 years that established history help greatly. My experience was pretty painless and after providing the bank an appraisal of the vehicle and an insurance quote which established an agreed value , no problem. As far as insurance goes Midwest classic is the best I found. I tried shopping around but most others didn't come close as far as rates and flexible terms for use. Heck I occasionally drive my car 90 miles each way to work on a weekend. Try getting one of the major insurance companies to agree to that.