View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Puckett 250 GTO - LS1
Not Ranked     

The bonnet straps 'light duties' was a slight distraction from the heavy lifting which has been occurring.

The PWR radiator has been one of my pride and joy 'bling' items. I carefully thoughtout all the issues of ports and mountings, etc, in the design and I have been working around it for some time.

In putting the whole car together I've found some areas just get too crowded and the radiator areas was going the same way. Trying to have a decent intake scoop and bonnet hinges and the radiator just became too much so I relocated the radiator forward of the engine bay.

It all looked good until I refitted the nose section and found interference issues. Not to worry I just brought the radiator back 50mm towards the engine bay. Apart from the bracket itself, the adjustment required reconstruction of the lower outlet port, however, in the end, a perfect fit.

A little while later I started to install the 'Vintage Air' air conditioner system and found when I mounted the condenser in front of the radiator that, sure enough, interference issues AGAIN.

Don't you just love car projects!