View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Very good advice above … here is my 2 cents:

I had a great experience with ERA during my FIA build. I am 6'-4" as well, and ERA made a number of tweaks to my car to help me fit. Raised FIA dash / reduced padding in the leather 427 street seat / pedal assembly moved forward / slightly taller roll bar / smaller steering wheel. The driving position is comfortable and I look through the windshield, not over it.

In my case I opted to have the driver's seat on tracks for adjustability. It did add almost 1" to the effective height of the seat, but to me it's worth the trade off. Family and close friends can drive my Cobra, which is important to me. However, for some folks that is not an option they neither want nor need, and I get that.

As mentioned, ERA is well known for being 'slow' at times. If you have a deadline when you want the car completed, be sure to talk with Peter about this and put your order in sooner, rather than later. They engineer and build a high quality Cobra, but it takes time and certain things cannot be rushed. There could also be unforeseen schedule coordination issues with suppliers or sub contractors beyond ERA's control, so keep that in mind as well.

I can also highly recommend Connecticut Custom for body and paint work, they are absolutely excellent and very easy to work with.

Most of all, enjoy the process ... the planning, the building and the DRIVING!

Good luck with your build!