View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, Iwould be glad to hook up with you and the az cobra gang when your in town. I have had video problems at speed so I don't have anything really good yet. I saw the spec racer tape at willow. I have never been timed there but I am not as fast as the spec racer, my car might be capable but the driver is not. It sounds like you have your arms around your situation along with your motec advisors. I would diagree with one thing. I had my car on a rear wheel dyno 2 years ago. The tuner was reprogramming the map and had done 30 cars with the speed pro before mine. Afterwords, the car did not run as well on the street. The air fuel was perfect on the dyno but way to rich on the street. The load your motor sees going down the road can not be simulated exactly on a dyno because of weight, traction, gearing, etc.., thus changing the fuel requirements. Again, just my experience, but going down the road in the vehicle with the tires that you will use when you race will get you your optimum tune. I found the tire thing out as my fuel requirement was way different with street bfg's versus warmed up hoosiers. That drove me nuts for a while trying to figure it out. scott