View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

Al ... I have a different slant on those tires than most here do . I used to race SCCA in E/P ( National competition license ) and ran the Goodyear Bluestreaks . First , they are horrible in the wet , don`t really stick all that well until they get up to temperature on the track and being bias ply tires , they will flat spot on you in a heartbeat . In the pits , we jacked the car up so the tires wouldn`t flat spot .
When I talked to a Goodyear engineer , he told me the tires won`t have the life of a street tire since they don`t have the plasticizers(sp? ) etc in the compounds the street tires do and will get hard as a rock . All Goodyear wanted them to do was last long enough to finish one or two races . The design parameters were/are all for the track and not the steet .
I personally knew a man that put Bluestreaks on his street car , went for a drive in the mountains , hit a slick spot on a blind curve , crashed and his wife was killed . I`m not going to take that chance .
Personally , I run Avons and would only run the Goodyears on the track .... period . My opinion .... do yourself a favor and run the Avons , leave the Goodyears for the track .

Bob