View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Very interesting Ted...I wonder if what I am looking at down inside the tee fitting is a actually a gasket and not the brass surface I thought I was looking at. I will have to check it out when I get back from vacation. Edit. I looked and it is not a gasket. I also have determine it is definitely sloped down towards the center. Therefore it would be sealing to the outside bevel on the hose male fitting
I think the gasket looks bigger than it really is, and the hole in the center is tiny. To me it looks like it will form to the outside bevel at that is it. Besides, even if it did touch the threads I would not think it would matter because the threads are not doing any of the sealing? That is also one of the reasons why you don't put any sealing compounds or tape on the threads because mating surfaces are supposed to be doing all the sealing.
The reason I was thinking of putting it on the other end also is so the metal brake-line flare would not deform the inverted flare like the original I took off the car that I am replacing.
Dave
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear

Last edited by davids2toys; 07-04-2015 at 06:06 AM..