View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have seen issues at times with every block we build. These are pretty new so we really looked hard at them. I would say that they are better than the original Genesis product was, with opportunities for further refinement. Of the original run of iron ones I believe I have completed and dyno'd/shipped three and Kaase has done one. There are at least a couple others in process and a few that are probably just parts waiting for their turn.

We have spotted and addressed minor machining and casting issues with factory blocks, Pond blocks, Shelby blocks. I have only had two of the BBM blocks so far - both for the same mild application customer (Chris Craft boat) so far those two appeared perfectly fine. I do not think we have found anything yet from any manufacturer that could not be fixed up in house and made into a sound usable part. Some of the stuff we address might not even matter to most folks.

Since I use and sell most everybody's parts I try to be fair. I suppose the right thing to say is that they were all perfect pieces of jewelry that should be put on display under lights in glass cases - but that ain't my style.

"I can do that....."

Engine Masters Challenge Entries
91 octane - single 4bbl - mufflers
2008 - 429 cid FE HR - 675HP
2007 - 429 cid FE MR - 659HP
2006 - 434 cid FE MR - 678HP
2005 - 505 cid FE MR - 752HP