View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Vintage Porsche 550 Spyder
Not Ranked     

Actually the car is a Vintage instead of a Beck. I liked the way Vintage does the tubular frame instead of the Beck style. This car is turnkey minus like the BDR's and SPF's. My car has a CB Performance Turnkey engine, 308 duration x 410 lift cams, 044 heads with stainless valves, dual Webers, etc, etc, etc. It doesn't sound like an air cooled engine. This one has a 0-60 in the mid 5 second range and handles like it is glued to the track. Some of these pack up to 200 hp and with a 1200 pound curb weight, they are in the low 4's for a 0-60 time.

You can't see much of the engine because it has a 911 shroud for cooling. It has five lug wheels, front disc and rear drum but I may replace the rear with disc also or at least send them to my powder coating company have have them coated.

Make no mistake about the performance of this car. Porsche used it to beat the 12 cylinder Ferrari's 10 years before Shelby came along. This car put Porsche on the racing map. Only 90 were produced, with 12 going to race teams and 78 for sale to the public. James Dean made it famous by dying in one.

I will get a picture of the engine tomorrow....I already buttoned everything up today since we are having a get together with the neighbors.

I joined the Spyder forum recently too.

Last edited by GT11; 07-04-2015 at 05:11 PM..