View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyFIA View Post
To finish this, now with 200 miles on the clock, the problem has stopped. No spitting now. I changed the fluid, at about 130 miles, drained the old fluid and replaced it with Royal Purple 75W90 synthetic. The old fluid, and BTW about 1/3 of a quart was thrown out during the first 130 miles, seemed much thicker and smelled much stronger than the Royal Purple 75W90 replacement oil. I am thinking it was a higher viscosity and not synthetic, which could explain part of the problem. My builder is checking to see what Kirkham puts in these Torque-Trac units from the factory, but it may be wrong for driving. BTW, my "catch can" during the testing, to keep my wheel well clean, was a freezer Zip-Lock baggie around the vent filter with the corners cut to allow air in and out but block all the spraying. It worked great, but now I don't need it anymore.
Carrying over from Team Shelby forum. I have 89 miles on my CSX7994. It is spitting spewing quit a bit of differential fluid. It is a KMS True Track. Hope that it will find it's own level safely, after a few more miles. If not will try some of these fixes.