View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star with IRS, 427W with megasquirt, T56 magnum
Not Ranked     

In the drop box graphic, it looks to me like it's so rich it's missing and reading lean. Here's one of the areas where auto tuning can't work. It sees a rich misfire as too lean. Having the O2 so far down the line makes it react slower and sluggishly. Manually pull about 20% of the fuel from the offending part of the fuel table. Just mess with the 9 to 12 cells the oscillation is happening in. if it fixes it, manually smooth the table around it.

I've found the area below 2000 RPM is the hardest to tune. Especially where you're just coming back onto the throttle in second gear after a right turn or something where you lug down a little.

If you do eventually give up (not at all suggesting you do) before you scrap the hardware, get a megasquirt. They have the good sense to not let the auto tune do anything below 2000 RPM without changing the VEAL (VE AnaLyze, their version of autotune) default settings.

If you can, it's best to turn off all closed loop correction systems until you get it stable and running good. Closed loop feedback systems like AFR corrections, closed loop idle control and idle advance can all wreak havoc trying to correct for an off tune. Double that with a lopey cammed V8. They should only be enabled after you have a pretty good running engine to make it perfect and able to correct for changing constants like alternator load, temp and altitude.

Didn't you take it and get it professionally tuned?

Stick with it. You'll get it figured out.