Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Regarding your oil leak, the most common spot for FEs to leak a little oil is on the passenger side, inside corner (towards the firewall), where the head, manifold, and valve cover all meet up. All FE oil leaks tend to migrate back, drip off the bell housing, and look like rear seal leaks. Just use a white dinner napkin to wipe along the valve cover, and where the intake manifold meets at the head, and see if you don't have an oil stain on the napkin. If you see anything, then that's where it's leaking. You know, Ford had a policy at the dealership that a few drops from an FE was "commercially reasonable." So, if you brought your car back to them because it leaked a drop or two you were basically SOL. The fact that you have your DD underneath your Cobra makes it a little tougher -- you might have to rig up a diaper or what not.
This is more than a few drops. I will give it a good look tonight. I believe it is coming from the front of the left valve cover (left if sitting in the drivers seat). One valve cover bolt was removed to hold a bracket during engine install maybe that caused it. I snugged the bolts yesterday morning. I have chrome Pentroofs on it. If they continue to leak I may go to Blue Thunder Competition covers.