Old 07-25-2015, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default What Intake/Carb/Dist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast289 View Post
Thank you. I am going to try another oval filter, I am going to mill away what will give me enough clearance. Luck would have it, my company has a really good thickness gauge, this way I won't go too far.

I might try and mill a lot more than needed and then try to fill back in and make the underside of the hood look like it was built that way.
Just to be sure you understand Dan’s suggestion….he is referring to milling the intake manifold at the carburetor mounting surface, not the underside of the hood.

What type of intake manifold, carburetor and distributor are you using? Is it something different from what other FFR 289 owners are using? Is the FFR 289 hood and engine bay depth that much shorter than on their 427? It just seems like with the shorter deck height of a 347 (302 based block) that this should not be a problem, unless your setup is quite different. You may want to check with FFR and see what they suggest using.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different rumble. Let him step to the sidepipes which he hears, however measured or far away. - H.D. Thoreau...if he had owned a Cobra