View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
DanEC,
IS that DUAL set up by, "PRICE MOTOR SPORTS?" Ours was by far the most professionally built "After market" product I have ever seen. Bar non...well maybe Wilwood products, Flaming River and maybe a few others. BUT still the best..

DV
No, they were initially set up by Keith Craft but I've had both apart and done a lot of fiddling with them since - and I have to admit they are base line 1850 carbs. I have them on a 63 - 427 low riser intake. But they do run pretty nice and the intake makes excellent torque. After Holley and Carter introduced their bigger carbs in the mid-60s the need for and advantages of the multiple carb set-ups more or less faded. I know - and agree - that they won't out-perform a good single barrel carb on a good manifold. But they do look sexy and I don't mind spending a little more time setting idle mixture and speed.

A good question to ask yourself to see if dual carbs are right for you is - do you mind running points and setting dwell? If points drive you nuts and seem like unnecessary maintenance and you will only settle for an electronic ignition - get a single carb set-up or fuel injection.

Last edited by DanEC; 07-26-2015 at 04:45 PM..