Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagirs View Post
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the up-date on Mike...last info I had on him he was in the Setyle area, but was boat racing in Englnd...his Dad's pasion the eventually kiled him, if memory serves me.

My original rotoreSwere Porsche..ala the Street Rodder giVe awAy TBucket in 1987 ...see my web site link on the home page. I'm not sure, but if yours were Porsche, the rotor info possiblity was probably info I shared with Mike when he was in Costa Mesa, CA... he was still there than.

Yes they took some machining and an adaptor, but the cost of Porsche rotors is why I looked in a different direction.

I just sold the last one of my kits using the Porshe rotor to clear out my inventory.

Thanks for sharing,

Jim
One would think that, after all these years, there would be a plethora of after-market suppliers of lower cost rotors to fit Porsches, thereby somewhat alleviating the cost issue. This could be attractive, should it be a better technical solution - especially if the OEM calipers could be re-used by inserting a properly machined spacer between the two halves of each caliper.