View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default More information...

Folks, I'll try to see if I can determine (via the documentation I have) what the master cylinder size is and what pressure plate was installed. I have the standard pedal box offered by Shell Valley. I'll double check but I believe the pedal ratio is 6:1. The slave is a Wilwood. The car is 2003. I have no idea if the clutch slave Wilwood is original or newer. The current Wilwood catalog lists only a 7/8" dia slave. The bell housing is Lakewood with throw out arm. I have no idea for the pivot/leverage ratio is...

This seems to me to be a very standard arrangement for hydraulic clutch. I can tell you the rod alignments are all very good.

I was hoping that folks could relay the sizes of their master and slave if they know them. That would give me a starting point for reference as opposed trying to re-engineer/define a system. I've done my spreadsheets on cylinder bore sizes, piston area, foot force, pedal ratio, cylinder output pressure, master cylinder rod travel, slave cylinder rod travel, etc. If folks can say ' I have a X" master, Y" slave, stock SBF pressure plate and my system is extremely light/easy to use, I have a data point. Several data points get me a consensus.

Also if folks have experienced this problem and solved it, knowing what they specifically did to solve it would be more data.

Thanks again, Dave K.