View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

I checked out some of the topics cobra #3170 posted, with 8000 rpms!!! Yikes! and one gear. I should have tried staying in first gear. I would have never reached my chip.
I also realized and mentioned in my post that seat time wheels and tires would be some of the first moves. It's just that gearing could have been handled Sunday at the track and I did not try staying in 1st gear.
The first few runs I spent getting through the correct gates, forget going fast. Until I learned the course analyzing my car was secondary
It wasn't like a goodguys autocross where the cones lined a chalked out track, which seems easy to follow. Gates and an intersection on a double layed out course at 30 mph was confusing at first. Walking it and running it were not the same