Thread: Cobra Purchase
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

I have a B&B that I built starting in 2009. The frame is solid. The fiberglass has a layer of cormat and is pretty thick. The quality of the cars was pretty good in the early to mid 2000s. There are a lot of good design features that other cars just don't have. The hinges are strong and well designed and have no interference issues that others have. If set up right the car handles pretty good. Mine has no bump steer. I am 6'2" and can put my left leg straight out and just touch the firewall. I put stiffer springs on the rear that I like a lot.

I have no information on the guys that bought the company but Barry McGill that was a partner for years can supply all the parts, and he built your frame and suspension. Fiberglass 34 Coupes and Cobras by McGill Manufacturing. He was very, very helpful to me when B&B started falling apart.

Like Larry said ,it all depends on who built the car. Just like FFR cars it can be great or not depending on who built it, but the foundation for the car is great. Send me a PM if you want to talk on the phone. Overall they were a good deal for the money.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger