View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

I have been doing lots of research over the last week on the TKO 600. They do have a few issues with one being 2nd to 3rd shift. I ended up talking to liberty transmission WELCOME TO LIBERTYS HIGH PERFORMANCE
I talked to Paul. He was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to. They have a whole modification package called "UPGRADED-SYNCHRONIZED"that was extremely reasonable. It includes:
Bronze Shift Fork Pads
Surface Enhancement* Processed Hubs & Sliders
Internal Shift Linkage Upgrade
Liberty's Exclusive Threaded Front Cluster Bearing Support **
Carbon Fiber Blocking Rings 2nd, 3rd & 4th Gear

It only added about 300.00 to the 2395.00 original price tag. Basically they make money off the orig cost and do the Mods for price of parts only. He said if you bought the tranny elsewhere and wanted this mod package done by them, it would be over 900.00. He also told me everything I would need for my Cobra using my present bell housing. I would still be under 3000.00 total, except for shipping.
I need to call them back to make sure the dimension will fit in the tunnel.
One thing that is awesome is the 3 shifter location options you have. I would use the rear position which is 19 1/2" from the bell housing to the neutral position. My present present situation is 22" which is to far back for me. I think 19 1/2 would be perfect. That will probably mean tunnel hole relocation issue for me. Either fixing it or purchasing a new tunnel and carpet for the tunnel. Anybody know how much that would cost?
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear