View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Don't you just use the rear-most shifter location on the TKO600, and bolt on the reversed handle?
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intention....but using a Toploader shifter (Ford or Hurst) and adapting that to a TKO600 that already has an integral shifter would be like trying to reinvent the wheel

Cheers,
Glen

edit:
Here's the TKO600 config I'm talking about...

I'm sorry Glen, I meant the shifter handle itself, not the whole shifter. If I were to use my shifter handle it would have to be modified to adapt to the stub coming out of the TKO
Does ERA have a specific bolt on reversed shifter handle for the TKO 600. If there is a specific handle, then I could sell the whole shifter and handle presently on my car. Would the specific handle have the fake reverse lockout?

When I spoke with Liberty Transmission, They told me no problem using the same external TOB I have on the car now. I believe it mounts to the bell housing.

One big question I have concerning the TKO is the physical size of it. does it fit in the ERA tunnel without clearance issues? The guy at Liberty thought it was similar in size to the Toploader. When you go on Tremec's site, they give you revery dimension except width and height?

Dave
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear

Last edited by davids2toys; 08-12-2015 at 06:29 AM..