View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
ERA will sell you a nice reverse angled shifter for the TKO. It looks great, and has the little fake reverse lockout T handle on it that is functional, but doesn't really do anything. The TKO600 will fit in your tunnel quite nicely. Note in that picture there is a spacer between the transmission and bellhousing. If you choose not to use the spacer, then you must have a shorter input shaft installed on your transmission.
Patrick, great info as usual!
After I saved the pic and blew it up I could see it. Liberty did tell me I would need the the shorter input. They charge 125.00 for this. I would think the spacer would cost a lot less and would bring the shifter handle location bark to the driver. How thick of a spacer is it? Any advantage to using the spacer vs shorter input?
I would think putting this tranny in my car will requiring closing up the present hole in the tunnel. The Tremec's most rearward mount puts the neutral position at 19 1/2 " from the bellhousing. I am presently 22" from the bellhousing with the Toploader. It will be pleasure having the shifter handle location 2 1/2 inches forward, it is to close to me right now and if I move the seat back any farther and cant reach the pedals correctly.
Any idea on shifter price? Any chance you have a pic of one installed?
How the price of the Tunnel rug only?

Thanks,
Dave
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear