Old 08-13-2015, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
Good job on the top Dan.

It seems people either like them or hate them. From a utility standpoint, they are great, there is not a lot of choices when it comes to staying dry.

But then there are the aesthetic considerations. They look like something my grandma wore on Easter but what the heck. You got to do what you got to do.

My advice, top up when it rains, and top down when it shines. And there is always sunblock or raingear to consider.
My recent experience driving in the rain at highway speeds was quite enlightening. I have visors and wind wings and, surprisingly, didn't have much of a problem getting wet from rain over and around the windshield. OTOH, I did encounter a significant amount moving sideways and forward inside the cockpit due to air flow and buffeting. It was quite a shock to see how much moisture accumulated on the INSIDE of the windshield where, of course, there are no wipers to clear it - that was the biggest problem. I'll have to pack some microfibre towels for the next downpour, at least until I get a soft top and side curtains.