View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Forget the bloody soft top. I had one and they acted at high speed like they were going to suck the windshield off. Pain in the ass to put on and off. I finally took my first cobra to the "Top Shop" on Indian School and 16th St and they secured with few extra straps and thingys. Turned out good.

Hard tops are easy. Pick it up over your head; step in the car and lower yourself. About 5 screws across the windshield and one bolt on each side door hip area. Keeps that dam sun off your head which in ArizonaMexico is the main problem. We like cold air out here.

I actually like the CowTown's top. Looks like a boat top and serves it's purpose if it won't act like a parachute and blow off. I run the air conditioner into the foot box area, turn up the stereo, leave the side and back windows out and it is perfect. I wish I had one that had the roll bars sticking up a bit through the top to lower the big hump of the top. Mine was an APE Top. Of course you have to store the thing when not in use. LOL

Bob B is right. With top up you hear all sorts of strange sounds like medal falling apart and grinding. Just different sounds.

Last edited by Fitz; 08-14-2015 at 05:00 PM..