View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BD 1445 Coyote TKO 600 3.91
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnolan View Post
I wouldn't rule it out but I wouild definitely look at competitive options very closely before committing to a second BDR. The cars look great, are comfortable, handle great, etc. etc.

My issue is with the lack of owner support from Backdraft. Dealers are great, and IMO they have to be otherwise they wouldn't sell any cars because Backdraft itself does the square root of **** to support owners. The dealers should be your advocate, they don't get extra points for standing behind the product. It's nice to hear the stories of dealers going above and beyond, but in a way it is a reflection on how little Backdraft itself does.

But whatever complaints I have about Backdraft, the fact remains that is the last thing I am thinking about when I'm out driving it. I would buy another, for sure, but based on what I know now I would give other mfg'ers a much closer look.

Jeff

Sounds like you had a bad experience and maybe bought from the wrong dealer. I chose Jay and Brian at VMS over others based on the number of reviews I read, and my install a Coyote. I believe mine will be their 40th Coyote.

When it came to selecting options, I never felt like I being sold an option that I didnt need, in fact thought I needed some options ($3000 brakes) and based on their experience I ended up saving money.

My car should arrive at their facility on Monday. I am another 4 weeks away. It will be my 2nd Cobra and I went this route because I liked the look, read the reviews, talked to several owners and rode in one. I did talk to other MFGers as well.... some didnt even return calls and others just bad mouthed their competition.

Good luck...